12 Days of Cookies: #1 - Giant Ginger cookies
#1 top voted cookie in our “12 Days of Cookies” contest brought to you by Hiland is from Rachael Wood. Each of the 12 winners gets a year of free milk from Hiland Dairy.
- 4 1/2 cup flour
- 4 tea. ginger
- 2 tea. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tea. cinnamon
- 1 tea. cloves
- 1/4 tea. salt
Mix these dry ingredients and set aside.
- 1 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
Beat until softened.
- 2 cups sugar
Cream into the shortening.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
Add to shortening and beat well.
Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir the other 1/2 in with a spoon.
Shape into 2 inch balls and roll in sugar. I like to use turbinado sugar.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
News Photo Galleriesview all
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort