100-year-old Delaware tugboat celebrating birthday
BETHEL, Del. (AP) — A historic tugboat is celebrating its 100th birthday in Delaware.
The tugboat "Delaware" is celebrating its birthday Saturday and Sunday with tours in Bethel. The 40-foot wooden tugboat is believed to be one of only two surviving from the town's boat-building era in the 19th and early 20th century.
The Wilmington News Journal (http://delonline.us/Q2zMpH ) reports the boat will be docked on Broad Creek near the Bethel Heritage Museum. The museum is debuting its new maritime exhibit this weekend as well.
Touring the tugboat and museum exhibit costs $2 but is free for children 10 and younger.
The Delaware is generally on view as a floating exhibit at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels, Md. The boat will leave Bethel on Monday.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction