- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 T. HILAND UNSALTED BUTTER, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on mediium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats, craisins, walnuts and chocolate chips; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
After cookies are cool combine 1 tablespoon HILAND milk, 1/4 tsp. vanilla and enough powdered sugar to make icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Store tightly covered. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.