I’m a 20-something who uses social media on a daily basis, and one thing that’s currently dominating my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds is pictures of my friends’ kids in their Halloween costumes.
You know, costumes like this:
You know, cute stuff! Stuff that makes you go awwww.
But kids costumes weren’t always so cuddly, fluffy and fun. Here are 13 examples of what children wore as costumes in time period affectionately referred to as “the good old days.”
13. Well, that’s not so bad
12. OK, getting creepier
11. For DIY, it ain’t horrible, but the Dust Bowl-looking setting makes it creepy
10. Poor kid
9. Inspiration for “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” maybe?
8. This would terrify kids today
7. As would this
6. And especially this
5. Seriously, would you dress your child up like this?!
4. Nightmare city
3. They don’t make masks like they used to
2. This is actually an awesome picture
1. As is this, in a creepy, “Warriors, come out to pla-ayyyy” kind of way
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.