Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
•Press conferences: The delay in the announcement of the team name, colors and logos has prevented OKC from introducing recent acquisitions Desmond Mason, Joe Smith and Kyle Weaver. The team doesn't want to officially introduce the players at a press conference until it has jerseys for each player to hold up. •What up, Doc? Among the many items still on the checklist of things to do for Oklahoma City's NBA franchise, one pressing matter is selecting a local doctor to serve as the team's doctor. The franchise formerly known as the Seattle SuperSonics used Richard Zorn, a Seattle-based doctor. Without an Oklahoma-based team doctor, recently acquired forwards Mason and Smith had to fly to Seattle instead of Oklahoma City last week for their NBA-mandated physicals. •Where in the world? Oklahoma City's preseason opener against Minnesota on Oct.
Notebook: OKC waiting on team name before introducing new players
The name gameOklahoma City's long-awaited announcement of its team nickname is not expected to come this week. The official unveiling of the name, colors and logos is, however, expected before the end of the month.
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister