Deseret Digital Media NewsOK publishes content from Deseret Digital Media, which has a network of websites that includes KSL.com, DeseretNews.com and FamilyShare.com.
Dads do a lot. They often help with homework, take care of the yard, coach teams and offer words of encouragement. This Father's Day, make sure you do something special for the rad dad in your life. Here are 15 ideas to choose from. Pick one and then tailor it to your Dad and his unique qualities.
1. Do a chore for him, like mowing the lawn or taking out the trash.
2. Take him out for his favorite treat, whether it is sushi or ice cream.
3. Give him a foot rub or back rub. If he likes his back scratched, do that, too.
4. Let him watch a sporting event without interruptions. Offer occasional snack and beverage service.
5. Get outside and get active with Dad. Hit a bucket of golf balls, take a hike or go on a bike ride.
6. Make him his favorite meal. Let him relax while you prepare it, and don't leave him the dishes.
7. Write a song or rap about all of Dad's great qualities. Perform it for him.
8. If your Dad lives far away, don't just send him a text. Take time to make an actual phone call or, even better, video chat with him. Be sure to express your love and appreciation.
9. Make him a gift basket of some of his favorite snacks. Include a fun beverage or two and a note.
Continue reading this story on the...