15th Street Grill — friendly environment, fresh food
From salads to the “Original Thang” the 15th Street Grill in Midwest City has a variety of tempting, freshly made dishes.
In 1991, Kellie Hosford’s mother, Glenda Conley, bought the business that is located at 1204 Lockheed Drive. Conley sold the restaurant in 2000, when her husband became ill.
10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
Closed on Sunday
Hosford and her husband, Steven, bought the restaurant in 2007.
Photos of motorcycles dress the walls, but the establishment has a friendly, homey atmosphere, Hosford said. To emphasize the relaxing atmosphere, the couple keep a large container of cheese balls and pork rinds available for customers to snack on.
The grill’s owners offer coneys, burgers, sandwiches, fries and more. Prices range from $2.25 to $8.50.
An open grilling area allows customers to watch Hosford’s husband create the enticing food served at the restaurant.
The best known dish at the restaurant is the “Original Thang,” which is a double-meat opened faced cheeseburger covered with chili. The burger also is served with chili cheese fries, topped with diced onions and jalapeños. Patrons can either choose a full order priced at $8.50 or a half order at $7.50. A drink is included in the pricing.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister