16-year-old boy accused Oklahoma City police officer of sex abuse, affidavit says
A 16-year-old boy told people at his church he was being sexually abused by an Oklahoma City police officer before it was reported to authorities, according to a probable cause affidavit.
Videoview all videos
Jul 26An Oklahoma City police officer accused of child sexual...
Jan 20Oklahoma City police Sgt. Maurice Anthony Martinez was...
Photoview all 8 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Support for Martinez “has been pouring in from across the country,” Box said. “We have heard from as many as 26 kids from around the country who were kids that knew him and were foster children in his care.”
Oklahoma City police Lt. Patrick Stewart said Friday that all the boys who had been living with Martinez have been interviewed. Oklahoma City police said they conducted the investigation and made the arrest after a call was placed to DHS.
Last year, Martinez received an award for his dedication as a foster parent.
DHS spokeswoman Sheree Powell said the agency is cooperating with law enforcement and will help track down former foster children for questioning if asked to do so.
Martinez is free on $80,000 bail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 39102Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15291Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9778Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9437Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9040Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7843Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7624Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister