18-year-old reports being raped at UCO in Edmond
An 18-year-old woman reported being raped at 3 p.m. Friday in Central Plaza, a UCO residence hall. According to a campus police incident report, the woman knew her attacker.
EDMOND — A woman who was raped at the University of Central Oklahoma Friday isn't a UCO student, officials said Monday.
An 18-year-old woman reported being raped at 3 a.m. Friday in Central Plaza, a UCO residence hall. According to a campus police incident report, the woman knew her attacker.
Campus police are seeking a “person of interest” in the case. University officials haven't released that person's name, but UCO spokeswoman Adrienne Nobles said the person is a male UCO student.
According to the incident report, the attacker was drinking at the time of the incident. Nobles said university officials don't know whether the victim had been drinking at the time. Alcohol is banned on campus at UCO.
The incident is the second sexual assault UCO has seen in the past month. The Oklahoma County sheriff's warrant team arrested a Guthrie man last week on a sexual battery complaint in a Sept. 23 incident.
The suspect, Elvis J. Perkins, 33, was arraigned Thursday, according to court documents. Perkins is accused of sexually assaulting an 18-year-old male student in a dorm room in Murdaugh Hall, a men's dormitory.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater