SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Authorities say two people are dead and two others are injured from an apparent carbon monoxide leak in a Richfield home.
Richfield Police Chief John Evans says two step-brothers, 17-year-old Joey Julander and 21-year-old Tyler Utley, were found dead in bed by their father Friday night.
He says their friends, 19-year-old Vannesa Batistic and 14-year-old Kennedee Starr, were visiting the home and also became sickened.
Batistic remained in serious condition Saturday at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo, while Starr was released Saturday from Sevier Valley Medical Center in Richfield.
Investigators believe the four were affected by carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Salt Lake Tribune reports the family was using a small generator inside the home after power to the home was shut off Wednesday due to non-payment.