2 killed after semi, SUV collide near Wickenburg
WICKENBURG, Ariz. (AP) — An SUV hit a semi-truck head-on on U.S. Route 93 just north of Wickenburg in central Arizona, killing the drivers of both vehicles and closing the highway for nearly nine hours.
Arizona Department of Public Safety officials say the driver of the SUV crossed over the center line for an unknown reason before hitting the semi around 11 a.m. Thursday.
The SUV's driver was identified as 55-year-old Sergio Horco of Wickenburg.
The driver of the semi was killed after the cab of the truck caught fire. The name of that driver hasn't been released yet.
Investigators don't believe Horco was impaired, but are trying to figure out why he crossed the center line.
U.S. 93 was reopened at 7:40 p.m.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister