2 men burned after battery explosion in southeast Oklahoma City

Two men were burned Thursday morning when a lithium battery exploded at an industrial business, Oklahoma City firefighters said.
BY TIFFANY GIBSON tgibson@opubco.com Modified: May 24, 2012 at 2:42 pm •  Published: May 24, 2012
Advertisement
;

Two men were burned after a lithium battery exploded Thursday at a business in southeast Oklahoma City.

Oklahoma City Fire Maj. Tammy McKinney said firefighters were called about 11:15 a.m. to an industrial business at 9592 Pole Road. She said two workers were burned in the incident.

One man suffered burns to his hands, arms and face. The other suffered stomach and arm burns, McKinney said.

Both were taken to a hospital for treatment. No comment has been made on the severity of their burns. The incident remains under investigation.


NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.

Related Map

Enlarge Map

Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Report: Caron Butler close to two-year deal with Detroit Pistons
  2. 2
    It’s harder to be a poor student in the U.S. than in Russia
  3. 3
    Man fatally stabbed in west Tulsa early Sunday
  4. 4
    How brain imaging can be used to predict the stock market
  5. 5
    Bridenstine tours Fort Sill, satisfied with facility's transparency
+ show more