2 Oklahoma escapees captured in Texas
Two inmates who escaped from the William Key Correctional Center in Oklahoma have been captured in Texas.
FORT SUPPLY — Two inmates who escaped from William S. Key Correctional Center Sunday have been captured in Texas, officials said.
Damario Love, 26, and Anthony Brinsfield, 31, were reported missing from the minimum-security prison about 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
Jerry Massie, spokesman for the state Corrections Department, said both men were found about 7 p.m. Tuesday at a motel in Del Rio, Texas. They will be brought back to Oklahoma, where they will face escape charges and will be moved to a higher-security facility, he said.
Love was convicted of second-degree robbery in Tulsa County.
Brinsfield most recently was convicted of possession of a firearm during commission of a felony, possession of a stolen vehicle and unlawful possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute in Pottawatomie County, according to the corrections department records.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims