2 suspended Texas players rejoin team
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Two Texas football players suspended before the Alamo Bowl amid a sexual assault allegation have rejoined the team.
Coach Mack Brown said late Sunday that quarterback Case McCoy and linebacker Jordan Hicks are back.
McCoy and Hicks were suspended a day before the Dec. 29 Alamo Bowl. A police report says a 21-year-old woman told investigators she had been drinking alcohol and was assaulted after inviting two men to her San Antonio hotel room. An attorney for Hicks says the incident was consensual.
Lawyers for the players last week said police told them the case would no longer be pursued. Police have said the investigation continues.
Texas beat Oregon State 31-27 in the Alamo Bowl.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments