Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4026Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3825As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3740OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
20-40-60 Etiquette: Deciphering party dress codes
QUESTION: Which party dress codes (e.g. semiformal, after-5) stump you the most?” Is there a uniform look that covers all bases?
CALLIE'S ANSWER: You can never go wrong with a LBD (little black dress). Always remember if you don't know what to wear, it is better to be overdressed than underdressed!
LILLIE-BETH'S ANSWER: Whatever the wording on the invitation that is stumping you, call the hostess to get a better feel for what she's wearing and what she expects. Then, decide if you want to look in your closet for the perfect thing to wear or go shopping for something that works. Often these days, you can't go wrong with a dressy pantsuit with a festive top or a cocktail dress and heels.
HELEN'S ANSWER: “Festive casual” is the one that is hard for me. Am I supposed to wear sequined leggings, bows all over my blouse? However, it seems like festive attire should be less dressy than cocktail attire and a little more dressy than casual and work attire.
Really, the best thing to do when you are stumped is to call the hostess for further instruction unless you want to interpret the party code yourself and wear whatever works for you at the time. A good uniform seems to be black slacks and a “festive” top. Just have a great time at the party! Happy New Year!