Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3712OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3641Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 3479How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
20-40-60 Etiquette: Time for the Heart Ball!
QUESTION: My little sister is a Sweetheart in this year's American Heart Association Heart Ball. My husband and I have never been to an event like this. I know it is formal but is there a dress code or an event attire thing I should be looking at? I just don't want to embarrass her!
CALLIE'S ANSWER: A cocktail dress will be perfect for this event and will not embarrass her! Have fun!
LILLIE-BETH'S ANSWER: The Oklahoma City Heart Ball, to be held on Feb. 23, is a formal event, and one of the bigger ones in Oklahoma City, so go as formal as you can. Sales associates at any of the local boutique stores would be glad to help you pick something out.
A floor-length gown or a formal and elegant short dress would be appropriate for you and a tuxedo would be for your husband.
My friend Kara Locke, who is on the Heart Ball auction committee, told me that a lovely black dress would also work and not take away any of the spotlight from your sister, as long as your sister isn't wearing black.
More importantly, enjoy the evening and know that you're dressed up for a good cause — to raise money for the American Heart Association — and for your sister.
HELEN'S ANSWER: The Heart Ball is one of the prettiest events and most fun events during the year. Formal usually means a long dress for women and black tie attire for men. All of the Sweethearts will be in long dresses, but I imagine you will also see some short, fancy, formal dresses among the guests.