Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4051Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3988Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3664As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
20-40-60 Etiquette: Punch drunk at a party
HELEN'S ANSWER: Punch is a great drink and most of us still have a punch bowl that we inherited from our mother or grandmother. It is an excellent way to serve drinks. Fruit punch looks beautiful in a glass punch bowl. There are many recipes for punch and lots of current day recipes, including some from Martha Stewart.
My two favorite punches which would be wonderful for today's parties include a delicious coffee ice cream punch from a sister-in-law and my mother's Kaiser's ice cream sherbet punch with ginger ale (and sometimes Champagne and Southern Comfort.) Thinking about these recipes makes me want to have a party!
GUEST'S ANSWER: “Food Dude” Dave Cathey, The Oklahoman's food editor: Punch is perfectly acceptable, but if you're interested in doing something less traditional have a mocktails bar.
Callie Gordon is 20-something, Lillie-Beth Brinkman is in her 40s, and social columnist Helen Ford Wallace is 60-plus. To ask an etiquette question, email email@example.com. For more 20-40-60 etiquette, go to blog.newsok.com/partiesextra.