Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 89274Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14075Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8763Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7637Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7585Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7472How to help tornado victims
- 6832OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6132Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5722Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5312Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
20-40-60 Etiquette: Punch drunk at a party
HELEN'S ANSWER: Punch is a great drink and most of us still have a punch bowl that we inherited from our mother or grandmother. It is an excellent way to serve drinks. Fruit punch looks beautiful in a glass punch bowl. There are many recipes for punch and lots of current day recipes, including some from Martha Stewart.
My two favorite punches which would be wonderful for today's parties include a delicious coffee ice cream punch from a sister-in-law and my mother's Kaiser's ice cream sherbet punch with ginger ale (and sometimes Champagne and Southern Comfort.) Thinking about these recipes makes me want to have a party!
GUEST'S ANSWER: “Food Dude” Dave Cathey, The Oklahoman's food editor: Punch is perfectly acceptable, but if you're interested in doing something less traditional have a mocktails bar.
Callie Gordon is 20-something, Lillie-Beth Brinkman is in her 40s, and social columnist Helen Ford Wallace is 60-plus. To ask an etiquette question, email email@example.com. For more 20-40-60 etiquette, go to blog.newsok.com/partiesextra.