Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3650George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3440Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3341Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
20-40-60 Etiquette: Time for the Heart Ball!
QUESTION: My little sister is a Sweetheart in this year's American Heart Association Heart Ball. My husband and I have never been to an event like this. I know it is formal but is there a dress code or an event attire thing I should be looking at? I just don't want to embarrass her!
CALLIE'S ANSWER: A cocktail dress will be perfect for this event and will not embarrass her! Have fun!
LILLIE-BETH'S ANSWER: The Oklahoma City Heart Ball, to be held on Feb. 23, is a formal event, and one of the bigger ones in Oklahoma City, so go as formal as you can. Sales associates at any of the local boutique stores would be glad to help you pick something out.
A floor-length gown or a formal and elegant short dress would be appropriate for you and a tuxedo would be for your husband.
My friend Kara Locke, who is on the Heart Ball auction committee, told me that a lovely black dress would also work and not take away any of the spotlight from your sister, as long as your sister isn't wearing black.
More importantly, enjoy the evening and know that you're dressed up for a good cause — to raise money for the American Heart Association — and for your sister.
HELEN'S ANSWER: The Heart Ball is one of the prettiest events and most fun events during the year. Formal usually means a long dress for women and black tie attire for men. All of the Sweethearts will be in long dresses, but I imagine you will also see some short, fancy, formal dresses among the guests.