Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7475Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6996Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6363UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
20-40-60 Etiquette: What should I wear to an Oklahoma wedding?
BY CALILE GORDON, LILLIE-BETH BRINKMAN AND HELEN FORD WALLACE | Published: August 19, 2012
HELEN'S ANSWER: The dress sounds lovely and since weddings held after 6 p.m. are considered formal, you can wear either a cocktail dress or floor-length dress. The jacket is great for a church wedding too. Bring your jewelry and carry an evening bag. The color black for wedding guest attire used to be taboo, but not so much anymore. I still think the color white is reserved for the bride.
Jane Kelley of J.J. Kelley Bridal shop noted that long dresses are very appropriate for a 7 p.m. wedding. “I think long dresses are appropriate for any wedding because the bride usually has a long dress,” she added.
And, 20-40-60 reader, we hope you have a great time in Oklahoma!
GUEST'S ANSWER: Linda Miller, author of NewsOK.com's Fashion Matters blog: Traditionally, weddings held after 6 p.m. are considered formal so your long navy dress is appropriate. Many invitations state the dress attire. When none is offered, a black or dark cocktail dress is dressy enough for almost any evening event.
To ask an etiquette question, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more 20-40-60 etiquette, go to blog.NewsOK.com/partiesextra.com.