Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3987As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3816Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
20-40-60 Etiquette: What should I wear?
QUESTION: I am attending a fall evening wedding that will be outdoors in Oklahoma City. I want to look nice for an evening wedding. I am worried about potentially being cold in cocktail attire, but also getting a long dress dirty if it happens to rain. I am in my mid 20s, as is the wedding party and most of the guests.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
CALLIE'S ANSWER: Wear a cocktail dress and bring a nice neutral scarf to wrap around your shoulders.
LILLIE-BETH'S ANSWER: I went to the most fun outdoor wedding a couple of years ago at the same time of year, and the couple getting married solved the cool-weather problem with their party favors: Placed in about every other seat (one per guest couple) was a nicely wrapped, monogrammed blanket for guests to use if they were cold. It was such a nice touch! Obviously, since you're not the host, you can't offer that option, even though it is a fun idea for others planning their own weddings. You can, however, wear a scarf or a wrap that could be used to cover up your arms or to drape temporarily on your legs during the ceremony. I know you're trying to plan your outfit in advance, but you can also check on the weather report for the week and adjust your outfit accordingly, keeping your long dress in mind if there's no chance of rain.
HELEN'S ANSWER: A dressy cocktail dress or a stylish suit with a beautiful blouse and jacket would work for the fall wedding. You can remove the jacket if it is too hot. A floor-length formal gown is always lovely and hopefully if it is raining, the wedding will be moved indoors.
The weather is usually still hot at this time of year, but cool fronts are always on the horizon. A pashmina shawl, wrap or scarf is a good fashion accessory for any season or event.