2013 BMW X1
My third dislike came because a week-long deluge of heavy rains, severe flooding, and a wintry mixture of slush. That added an abundance of mud and messy substances to the extra large rocker panels along the side. The rocker panels are very attractive and stylish when the weather is clear. But in even a mild situation of rain and mud, it is almost impossible to enter or exit the car without getting your pants quite dirty. I even attempted to slightly catapult myself over the rocker panel, but it didn't work.
It might appear I am unhappy with the BMW X1, but that is not the case. I really did like it and enjoyed all the pleasures of driving that it allowed me. When there is an over-abundance of great things, the few small annoyances stand out noticeably. The wintry mix of weather offered a multitude of opportunities to experience the x Drive all-wheel-drive system,which works really well. Hopefully, the buying public can look beyond those three little dislikes I mentioned and enjoy all the amenities of this small sized “beamer.” It worked for me.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena