2013 Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame inductees
NewsOK Related Articles
Posting a 31-0 record as Oklahoma's starting quarterback, Harris was part of the Sooners' historic 47-game winning streak. He became OU's starting quarterback during the 1954 season and led the Sooners to back-to-back national titles in 1955 and 1956. He played four NFL seasons as a defensive back with the Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams and Dallas Cowboys.
BILL SELF JR.
Named the state's high school player of the year his senior season at Edmond, Self played at Oklahoma State but is best known for being one of the nation's top college basketball coaches. Self began his career at Oral Roberts University and also has coached at Tulsa, Illinois and Kansas. Self should post his 500th career win this season. At Kansas, his teams have made two Final Four appearances, winning the 2008 national title.
JOHN HENRY WARD*
A Tulsa Rogers product, Ward was a two-sport All-American at Oklahoma State in wrestling and football. He was an All-American tackle in 1969 and finished third in the heavyweight division at the NCAA wrestling championships. Ward played seven NFL seasons with the Vikings, Bears and Buccaneers, highlighted by two Super Bowl appearances with Minnesota.
*honoree being inducted posthumously
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion