2013 Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame inductees
Born and raised in Oklahoma City, Baughman was a standout wrestler at the University of Oklahoma. He won one NCAA title and finished second twice. He also was on three U.S. Olympic teams and eight world championship teams. A longtime coach, spending 27 years at Air Force, Baughman coached two Olympic and five world championship teams.
NewsOK Related Articles
An extremely successful businessman, Bennett is team chairman of the Oklahoma City Thunder. In addition to working with numerous civic organizations, Bennett was instrumental in bringing an NBA franchise from Seattle to Oklahoma City. Two of his many civic endeavors are the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame and the Oklahoma City Boathouse Foundation.
A former Romanian gymnast, Comaneci won an Olympic gold medal at the 1976 Olympics in Montreal but is best known for being the first gymnast to score a “perfect 10” in Olympic competition. She won two more gold medals at the 1980 Olympics. She's lived in Oklahoma the past 22 years since marrying two-time Olympic gold medal winner Bart Conner.
LEROY “ACE” GUTOWSKY*
Raised in Kingfisher, Gutowsky was a football star at Oklahoma City University then played professionally for eight years in the 1930s with the Portsmouth Spartans, Detroit Lions and Brooklyn Dodgers. Gutowsky set the NFL career rushing record in 1939 and held the Lions' career and single-season rushing records until the 1960s.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 89652Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 73465Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 36350Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 35145Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 14325Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13653Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 11646Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive