2013 Rose Day at state Capitol is planned
Rose Day, an annual sanctity-of-life rally, is set for Wednesday, Feb. 6 at the state Capitol.
Lila Rose will be featured speaker at Rose Day, the state's largest gathering of sanctity-of-life advocates on Wednesday at the state Capitol.
Rose's organization Live Action is a nonprofit that specializes in investigative journalism. The organization has led numerous undercover investigations focusing on Planned Parenthood.
Along with Rose's testimony, Gov. Mary Fallin and numerous state legislators will be in attendance and recognized during the rally for their support and commitment to the sanctity of life. Rose Day participants are encouraged to share their stance on upcoming sanctity-of-life/anti-abortion legislation with their legislators as they present them with a rose to signify the sanctity of human life.
“Southern Baptists, Catholics, other Christians and pro-life Oklahomans unite each year for the Rose Day rally, as citizens present roses as a symbol of their commitment to protecting unborn life,” Brian Hobbs, director of communications for the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma, said.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims