2nd-grade musician from Lawton takes center court at Thunder game
From The Lawton Constitution
Jaden Pierce, 8, knows what he likes and that includes playing gospel music on the electric organ.
The Woodland Hills Elementary School second-grader was one of five young Oklahomans honored as grand prize winners of the fifth annual Thunder Black History Heroes Challenge Wednesday night at the Oklahoma City Thunder's home game against the New Orleans Hornets.
Pierce got four free tickets to the game, was recognized at center court, received a trophy, a team jersey signed by player Thabo Sefolosha and a prize package from Sprite, one of the competition's sponsors.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort