3 deaths from flu in Vt.
MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) — The Vermont Health Department says three people have died in Vermont from the flu so far this year.
Across the country, flu season has struck early, and in many places, hard.
State health officials are urging Vermonters to get the flu vaccine.
Health Department spokesman Robert Stirewalt said Thursday that a total of 10 people died from the flu last year; seven in 2011 and 0 in 2010.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena