3 Oklahoma players on Walter Camp watch list
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — This year's Walter Camp Award preseason watch list includes Oklahoma Sooners Tony Jefferson, Landry Jones and Kenny Stills.
Officials announced Friday the players are among the 50 athletes on the list, and that Oklahoma, Kansas State and Southern California are the only programs with three players on the list.
The award is presented annually to the nation's most outstanding player.
Already on the Maxwell and Davey O'Brien Awards lists, Jones leads the NCAA with 12,379 career passing yards and 93 career touchdowns.
Stills earned All-Big 12 second team honors after finishing the year with 61 receptions for 849 yards and eight touchdowns. And Jefferson led the 2011 OU team with four interceptions and was third on the squad with 74 tackles.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community