3 Oregon State players suspended from team following arrest
CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) — Three Oregon State players arrested following a fight at a Corvallis bar over the weekend have been suspended from the team.
Senior defensive end Rudolf Fifita, junior defensive tackle Mana Rosa and junior linebacker Dyllon Kalena Mafi were arraigned on Monday.
All face two counts of fourth-degree assault and one count of second-degree disorderly conduct. Mafi faces an additional charge for misrepresenting his age.
The players are due back in court on Jan. 10.
Among the players, Fifita saw the most action this season with 25 tackles and 2½ sacks in all 12 games. Rosa also played in 12 games while Mafi played in two.
The No. 15 Beavers (9-3) will play Texas in the Alamo Bowl on Dec. 29. It is unlikely any of the three will play in the bowl game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say