3B recalled from minors to sub for ailing Ramirez
ST. LOUIS (AP) — The Milwaukee Brewers recalled third baseman Taylor Green from Triple-A Nashville to start in place of Aramis Ramirez, who is nursing a minor back injury.
Nashville's season is over, so Green left his home in Comox, British Columbia at 6 a.m. Friday. When manager Ron Roenicke met with reporters about 1 ½ hours before game time Friday night against the Cardinals, he said Green's plane had landed but he had not arrived at the stadium.
Roenicke said Ramirez, who left Wednesday night's game with lower back pain, was feeling much better and might play on Saturday.
Green was batting .198 with two home runs and 10 RBIs in 45 games including 19 starts. Utilityman Jeff Bianchi started Thursday at Miami, but Roenicke said he was more comfortable with Green, whose regular position is third base.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in