#4 top voted cookie in our “12 Days of Cookies” contest brought to you by Hiland is from Edra Hawkins.
- 3/4 cup Hiland Butter (No substitutes) softened
- 1/2 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Hiland Butter
- 1 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Hiland Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1-2 drops Green Food Coloring
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in chocolate and mint extract. Gradually add flour. Stir in chocolate chips (dough will be soft).
Drop by tablespoons 2 inch apart on a parchment paper covered baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Cool for 4 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Meanwhile, combine icing ingredients, spread over cooled cookies. Let set. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Yield 4 1/2 dozen.
If I win the contest I promise to share the Milk with all the neighborhood kids to ring my door bell.