FLINT, Mich. (AP) — A couple and an 11-year-old boy died in what is believed to be a case of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities in Flint said Tuesday.
The three were found unconscious in their home about 6 a.m. Christmas Day, police said. The adults were dead at the scene, and the 11-year-old boy died at a hospital. Carbon monoxide was the apparent cause, police said, autopsies are planned.
Police identified the dead as LeTroy Edwards, 43; Selena Carranza, 37; and Jayson Cobbin, 11. Relatives said Jason was Carranza's son.
Several other people who were in different parts of the house managed to escape, police said.
The family had planned to gather at the house for dinner on Christmas evening. Instead, they gathered outside the home, and then went inside to retrieve scores of still-wrapped Christmas presents, Mlive.com (http://bit.ly/10fV3F1 ) reported.
"I'm numb — I have a very numb feeling right now," said Roy Reeves, 64, Edwards' father. "It's hard for me to describe it."
Edwards worked as a handyman doing all sorts of odd jobs, Reeves said. He said Edwards also enjoyed fishing. They'd gone through a period of strained relations but were beginning to resolve their differences, Reeves said.
Continue reading this story on the...