4 doused with flammable liquid, set afire in Colo.
Lopez confirmed that two children were in the house, but she didn't know their ages. A motive for the attack has not been released
The attack occurred in a sprawling complex of brick row apartment buildings next to warehouses and older detached homes.
Police were also investigating a check cashing store robbery earlier Thursday in which two men used a flammable liquid to set a small fire at a customer service window. In that instance, the suspects used a similar pump sprayer, Lopez said.
No one was hurt, and it wasn't known if the incidents were related. The store is about three miles east of the apartment complex.
An employee at the check cashing business said Friday she was not allowed to comment about the robbery. Burn marks were still visible on the glass that separates employees from customers, and a wall behind the clerk's desk was blackened by flames.
Associated Press writer P. Solomon Banda contributed to this report.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister