4 orange line stations to close for weekend work
WASHINGTON (AP) — Metro says it's closing four stations on the orange line for weekend work, and passengers will have to use shuttle buses to travel between those stations.
Metro will close the Vienna, Dunn Loring, West Falls Church and East Falls Church stations beginning Friday at 10 p.m. through closing Sunday. Metro says it will run both express and local buses between the stations. Customers traveling on the express buses should add 25 minutes to their travel time. Passengers traveling on the local bus can expect to add 50 minutes to their trip.
Metro also says red line trains will track between Friendship Heights and Van Ness and between Takoma and Rhode Island Ave. Green line trains will single track between Greenbelt and College Park, leading to 10-minute delays.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M