4 sentenced to prison after admitting to tattooing “RAPEST” on Oklahoma City man's forehead

Two men and two women were sentenced after admitting to tattooing “RAPEST” on an Oklahoma City man's forehead. The Oklahoma County case was resolved before trial with plea agreements.
BY NOLAN CLAY nclay@opubco.com Modified: June 28, 2011 at 10:25 pm •  Published: June 28, 2011

Two men and two women agreed Tuesday to go to prison for years for forcibly tattooing “RAPEST” on a young Oklahoma City man's forehead during an assault in April.

The victim, Stetson Johnson, 18, was shocked with stun guns, beaten in the head with a baseball bat and left for dead by a Del City lake, police said.

“It's a brutal case of bullying,” prosecutor Scott Rowland said. “A mob mentality took over.”

Richard “Buddha” Lynn Dellert, 31, of Irving, Texas, and Zachary “Texas” Chase Provence, 21, of Midwest City, were sentenced to 10 years in prison and 10 years on probation.

Kimberly Sue “Luckie” Vergara, 25, of Midwest City, and Lorena Amanda Hodges, 33, of Oklahoma City, were sentenced to five years in prison and five years on probation.

The punishments were the outcome of plea agreements their attorneys reached with Oklahoma County prosecutors. The men were more culpable in the attack than the women, Rowland said.

All four pleaded guilty to kidnapping and maiming. The maiming count involved the tattooing.

Provence and the two women also pleaded guilty to assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Dellert pleaded no contest to the assault count.

They have been in jail since April 26.

What happened

The four confined Johnson at Hodge's house in south Oklahoma City house on April 17 and there tattooed “RAPEST” on his head and “I like little boys” on his chest, police said. Both women admitted they used a stun gun at the house to shock him in his genitals, police reported.

Johnson told police he heard “Kim” laughing during the attack, according to a police report.

Johnson then was taken to a Del City lake and beaten with a baseball bat. He crawled and walked to a trailer park for help. He spent days in intensive care at a hospital.

| |

NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.

Trending Now


  1. 1
    Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City concert
  2. 2
    Barresi opposes bill to cut state testing in social studies
  3. 3
    Oklahoma basketball: Guard Je'lon Hornbeak to transfer
  4. 4
    Man re-arrested in Pakistan for cannibalism
  5. 5
    Report: Joe Buck, Greg Norman to lead Fox Sports' golf coverage in 2015
+ show more