49ers promote Chad Hall from practice squad
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — The San Francisco 49ers have promoted wide receiver Chad Hall from the practice squad to the active roster.
The team announced the move on Saturday, the day before playing the NFC championship game at Atlanta.
Hall takes the place of kicker Billy Cundiff on the 53-man roster. Cundiff was released Friday.
Hall was originally signed to the 49ers practice squad on Nov. 27 and later released on Dec. 15. He was re-signed to the practice squad two days later.
Hall played seven games for Philadelphia in 2011, catching 14 passes for 135 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for 42 yards on 12 carries.
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims