Share “5 sickened by carbon monoxide at Long...”

5 sickened by carbon monoxide at Long Island home

Published on NewsOK Modified: May 24, 2014 at 8:55 am •  Published: May 24, 2014
Advertisement

BRENTWOOD, N.Y. (AP) — Police say five people are hospitalized after being sickened by carbon monoxide fumes from a generator in a Long Island home.

Suffolk County police say one of the residents is in critical, but stable, condition and the others are in serious condition Saturday. But police say the five adults all are expected to survive.

They were rescued from the Brentwood home around 11:30 p.m. Friday.

Someone at the home called 911 to report a strange smell and trouble breathing.

Police say the residents were using a generator because the home didn't have electricity. It's not immediately clear whether the power had been shut off or had failed in an outage.

Two officers also were taken to a hospital for treatment. They have been released.