12 Days of Cookies: #6 - Sour Cream Coconut Crisps
#6 top voted cookie in our “12 Days of Cookies” contest brought to you by Hiland is from Lori Zwermann. Each of the 12 winners gets a year of free milk from Hiland Dairy.
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1/4 t soda
- 1 1/2 c sugar frosted flakes crushed
- 1/2 c coconut flakes
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Add sour cream, vanilla, flour and soda, stirring until smooth. Refrigerate until dough is stiff enough to roll into balls.
Crush cornflakes and mix with coconut flakes on a plate. Roll 1/2 teaspoon of dough in the flakes.
Place 4 cookies in a circle on a paper plate. Bake for 1 minute (longer for lower wattage microwave ovens) on high in your microwave. Let cookies cool on the plate before gently lifting from plate with a spatula. Makes 4 - 5 dozen.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad