Share “6 taken to hospital with apparent CO...”

6 taken to hospital with apparent CO poisoning

Associated Press Modified: November 12, 2012 at 9:16 am •  Published: November 12, 2012
Advertisement

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A family of six has been taken to the hospital after their Salt Lake City home registered dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide.

Salt Lake City fire department spokesman Jasen Asay says the parents called 911 about 5 a.m. Monday after they and their children woke up with flu-like symptoms.

Paramedics responded to the home on East Redondo Avenue, and all six were taken to the hospital by ambulance. Authorities say all the family members were conscious.

Gas company employees say the carbon monoxide came from a natural gas-fueled water heater.

Asay tells The Salt Lake Tribune there weren't carbon monoxide detectors in the home. He recommends residents install them, especially as temperatures drop and natural gas appliances get more use.


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Caitlyn Jenner effect: College orders 'gender neutral' language on campus
  2. 2
    Tim Beckman dismissed as Illinois football coach
  3. 3
    Alabama First Lady files for divorce after 50 years of marriage
  4. 4
    Juvenile prisoners in Michigan allege rape, abuse
  5. 5
    Ex-Oklahoma State signee Devon Thomas arrested in Tulsa
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending health Article