12 Days of Cookies: #7 - Chocolate Snowflakes
#7 top voted cookie in our “12 Days of Cookies” contest brought to you by Hiland is from Madison Blackburn. Each of the 12 winners gets a year of free milk from Hiland Dairy.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
Combine sugar, oil, and melted chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder, and add gradually to chocolate mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place about an inch apart on greased baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool slightly before removing from baking sheets. These are great chocolate Christmas cookies, and the dough keeps well in the fridge. Yields about 6 dozen cookies.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena