Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
True story from the Boone Pickens Stadium pressbox Saturday night. I asked Harris poll voter Pat Quinn, the former Oklahoma State University sports information director, how he would vote OU and Texas if the Sooners won Saturday night. “Oh, I don’t know,” Quinn said. “Doesn’t really matter.” Really? “I think Alabama and Penn State will probably play for the national championship,” Quinn said. You do? “They’re the only undefeated teams, aren’t they,” Quinn said. Uh, actually, Penn State has a loss. “Oh well,” Quinn said, “those Big Ten teams have a lot of votes.”
A Harris Interactive poll head-scratcher
Some have questioned the validity of the Harris Interactive poll, which has had a spotty run in its four years as being part of the BCS.The skepticism could be valid.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13578Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10346Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8794Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7680Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5623Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5418Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?