8th person dies from explosion at Mexico factory

Published on NewsOK Modified: November 12, 2013 at 5:04 pm •  Published: November 12, 2013
Advertisement
;

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) — A Mexican hospital official says the death toll from an explosion last month at a candy factory near the U.S. border has risen to eight.

Government health system spokesman Rosendo Gaytan says a 30-year-old employee of the factory Dulces Blueberry in Ciudad Juarez died Tuesday at a hospital in Guadalajara, where he was transferred to be treated for third-degree burns.

The Oct. 24 blast on the second floor of the factory caused the floor to collapse, injuring people working below.

Chihuahua state prosecutors' spokesman Carlos Gonzalez says the cause of the blast is still not known.

The factory employs 300 people and produces gummy bears, jelly beans, peach rings and other sweets that are sent across the border to El Paso, Texas.



Trending Now


AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    James Harden: 'Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are...
  2. 2
    Justin Blackmon not only Jacksonville Jaguars receiver hurt by substance abuse issues
  3. 3
    Justin Blackmon: Inner circle was mum on former OSU receiver
  4. 4
    Dogs really do get jealous, scientists say
  5. 5
    GM to pay victims $400 million to $600 million
+ show more