9-man PAOK hangs on to beat Platanias 2-1
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Dimitris Salpingidis scored twice in the first half and was sent off in the second, but 9-man PAOK hung on for a 2-1 win over host Platanias in the Greek league Saturday.
The Greek international forward saw a direct red card in the 76th minute for protesting excessively toward the fourth official. Defender Giorgos Stafylidis had been dismissed in the 46th with a second yellow card for a hard tackle.
Salpingidis scored his two goals in the third and 32nd minutes. Abdul Aziz Tetteh had equalized for Platanias in the 24th.
PAOK is in third place, 14 points behind league leader Olympiakos, which hosts AEK Athens Sunday, and one behind Asteras, which won 1-0 over Panthrakikos. Also, fifth-place Panathinaikos beat last-place Kerkyra 1-0.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say