A daily look at the NHL lockout
WHAT WE MISSED: An 11-game slate was lost Saturday, including the Pittsburgh Penguins visiting the New Jersey Devils in an Atlantic Division matchup. Pittsburgh finished second last season, six points ahead of the Devils, who also made the playoffs.
ON THIS DAY LAST YEAR: The Ottawa Senators had four players elected to the All-Star game, including defenseman Erik Karlsson who led all vote-getters in fan balloting. Captain Daniel Alfredsson and fellow forwards Milan Michalek and Jason Spezza were also elected for the game that was being hosted by the Senators on Jan. 29. Toronto defenseman Dion Phaneuf and Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas joined them. Karlsson received a league-best 939,951 votes, 42,536 more than Alfredsson. About 24 million votes were cast by fans in the all-digital balloting.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11884OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10282Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7018Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5955Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5764Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4633Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4517Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers