A great guy won't hit women and babies
“Man is accused of hitting 11-month-old child, woman” (News, Jan. 24) was heartbreaking to read. A woman and her baby were in bed with a man who got angry because the baby was crying. He hit the baby and beat the woman. The police were called and the woman told the police the man had been drinking most of the day but she didn't want him to go to jail because he's a great guy — when he's not drinking.
NewsOK Related Articles
He's not a great guy. She's not a good mother. Good mothers don't expose their babies to such situations. Next time, instead of hitting the child and beating up the woman, he might be angry enough to kill them both. The DHS should have taken the child away from the woman instead of telling her to take the baby to the hospital.
Betty Alexander, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?