A great guy won't hit women and babies
“Man is accused of hitting 11-month-old child, woman” (News, Jan. 24) was heartbreaking to read. A woman and her baby were in bed with a man who got angry because the baby was crying. He hit the baby and beat the woman. The police were called and the woman told the police the man had been drinking most of the day but she didn't want him to go to jail because he's a great guy — when he's not drinking.
NewsOK Related Articles
He's not a great guy. She's not a good mother. Good mothers don't expose their babies to such situations. Next time, instead of hitting the child and beating up the woman, he might be angry enough to kill them both. The DHS should have taken the child away from the woman instead of telling her to take the baby to the hospital.
Betty Alexander, Oklahoma City
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena