• Candidates have carried every county in the state four times: Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1932, Republican Richard Nixon in 1972, Republican George W. Bush in 2004 and Republican John McCain in 2008.
• Since 1908, Oklahomans have cast 12.3 million votes for Republican presidential candidates, 9.9 million for Democrats and 970,536 for independents or candidates of other parties.
• Independent Ross Perot drew nearly 320,000 votes in Oklahoma in 1992 — 23 percent of the overall vote; American Party candidate George Wallace drew 20 percent of the vote in 1968.
• After the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified giving women the right to vote, 486,610 Oklahomans voted in the 1920 election, up from 292,753 in 1916.
• More Oklahomans voted in 2004, 1,463,758, than in 2008, 1,462,661
Chris Casteel, Washington Bureau
Sources: Oklahoma State Election Board; USelectionatlas.org