A look at awards, titles or wins in sports stripped due to off-field issues
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Ben Johnson: His 1988 gold medal was given to rival Carl Lewis after Canada's record breaking 100-meter sprinter tested positive for steroids.
Bobby Unser: The renowned race car driver won the Indianapolis 500 on May 24 but five months later (October), officials named Mario Andretti the winner after Unser was penalized for passing during a yellow flag.
Dancer's Image: The horse won the 1968 Kentucky Derby but a lab report revealed he took Phenylbutazone and stripped him of the title and prize money.
Danny Almonte: Weeks after the Bronx team finished third at the Little League World Series, it was discovered Almonte was actually 14 years old, not 12.
Rosie Ruiz: She won the 1980 Boston Marathon, but it was later discovered she had run only about a mile of the 26.2-mile course.
Chinese gymnastics: The team had to give back its bronze medal after it was discovered Dong Fangxiao was two years short of the minimum age of 16.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say