A pick 6 of players, teams on a roll
For New York Giants fans, there's no way to predict what your team will do from week to week — clobber the Packers by four touchdowns one Sunday or get humiliated by the Falcons 34-0 on another.
Which team will show up in Baltimore, where the Giants' playoff hopes are on the line against the Ravens, is anybody's guess. Even coach Tom Coughlin says he's not sure which version of his team he'll be watching.
For a while, the Dallas Cowboys were up one week, down another, too. Now, they've won five of six and are in the thick of the playoff picture, tied with the Giants and Redskins for first place in the NFC East.
Cincinnati, Dallas, Green Bay, New England and Pittsburgh, among others, were hot one week and cold another earlier in the season. But with two weeks left in the regular season, there's a whole bunch of streaks, slides and skids that make predicting how teams will play a bit easier.
Herewith, our streaking Pick 6 heading into Week 16:
6 — consecutive losses for the Detroit Lions, who had high hopes of a second straight playoff berth but take a 4-10 record into Saturday's game against Atlanta.
9 — wins in a row by Peyton Manning and the AFC West-champion Denver Broncos after a 2-3 start.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 36375Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32316Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24292Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 8069Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6178OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3621College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3359Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?