AAA: Ohio gas prices up 6 cents this week
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio gasoline prices are continuing to fluctuate and are back to where they were two weeks ago.
A survey from auto club AAA, the Oil Price Information Service and Wright Express puts the current statewide average for regular-grade gasoline at $2.57 per gallon, up 6 cents from last Monday's average of $2.51.
A week ago, prices were down 6 cents from the week before.
The state's gas prices were much lower last year at this time, when Ohioans filling up for holiday trips paid an average $1.64 for regular.
Energy prices increased in general last week while frigid temperatures in the Midwest and Northeast pushed up demand for oil and natural gas.
On the Net:
AAA Daily Fuel Gauge Report for Ohio: http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/OHavg.asp
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort