ACC coaches announce all-league team
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) — The Atlantic Coast Conference's football coaches have selected Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd as its player of the year and Duke's David Cutcliffe as its coach of the year.
The coaches announced their all-ACC team and award winners Wednesday, and it's almost identical to the team selected last week by media members who cover the league.
All of the major award winners were the same, including Miami's Duke Johnson as the rookie of the year and Florida State defensive end Bjoern Werner as the defensive player of the year.
Boyd, running back Andre Ellington and receiver DeAndre Hopkins are among the five Clemson offensive players on the coaches' first team. North Carolina running back Gio Bernard and Duke receiver Conner Vernon also were on the first team.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit