Actor Gary Sinise supporting veterans in Ill.
LISLE, Ill. (AP) — Hollywood actor Gary Sinise is helping promote a summer concert in suburban Chicago that will benefit veterans.
The "Forrest Gump" star helped kickoff ticket sales for "Rockin' for the Troops" on Thursday at the Navistar headquarters in Lisle.
The concert is planned for July 21 in nearby Weaton. Sinise is slated to perform with his Lt. Dan Band, which is named for his character in the Oscar-winning movie.
The Daily Herald reports (http://bit.ly/IN38n4 ) that proceeds will benefit Operation Support Our Troops America. The Naperville-based charity has raised $2 million for projects benefiting veterans, including research on post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury.
Sinise says "we all enjoy what the military provides for us."
Officials from Navistar and other companies also announced efforts to hire returning veterans.
Information from: Daily Herald, http://www.dailyherald.com
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers